Saturday, October 31, 2009

Harvest Canapés



Harvest Canapés

Ingredients:
Crackers: Club, Ritz, Wheat Thins or Triscuts
Sliced Cheese: Cheddar, Swiss, Pepper Jack, Colby or Provolone
Cutters: Pumpkin & Maple Leaf

Use cutters on sliced cheese to make shapes.  Arrange cheese on crackers.  Arrange crackers on platter.  Decorate platter with silk leaves, harvest decor or fresh parsley with olives on a skewer.  Take to the kids Halloween Party or have it at your next Harvest Brunch!


 


4 comments:

  1. What a pretty way to serve appetizers!! I use Christmas stocking and star cookie cutters to cut cheese for holiday appetizers BUT I've never thought to layer them OVER the crackers!! It looks SO much better this way and I will be using this idea, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...that top photo looks like its from a magazine!! So beautiful. And I love the idea of embellishing it with the leaves, olives, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such a lovely cheese and cracker plate! I'm having a gathering of friends over next week for lunch and plan to use your idea with maple and oak leaf cutters. I'll be sure to direct them to your blog for more beautiful and creative inspiration! Aunt Shari:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. I will be stealing, I mean borrowing it for Thanksgiving apps. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete