Monday, October 12, 2009

Harvest Spirit



It is October!! Once again the holiday season starts. I think I enjoy it more than the kids. Tavius & Jasmin followed me to on an adventure to make a fun fall decoration for outside the house Friday. We pulled into Higley Feed and Tavius, asked, "What is this place?" After holding baby chickens, black and yellow; the kids watched me load a bail of straw into the back of the truck. We drove home with straw flying out of the truck. I know Josh thinks I am crazy at times, but he just smiles and says, "Where do you want it?" We gathered pumpkins from the market, flowers from the craft box and then I decided we needed to make a scarecrow. THAT WAS THE BIG PROJECT.


Halfway through it I was about to quit and Josh said, "You can't quit now you your too far in!" He has always been motivator when I need it. Tavius and I took off to the second hand store for clothes and the craft store for raffia and stuffing. We, sewed, stuffed, cut, glued and tied! The scarecrow turned out a little scary but was worth all the work. We will add to it as the season unfolds.......



2 comments:

  1. I just seen this at your cousin blog and wanted to tell you how cute this is...Welcome to blogland girl...I added you to follow...your kids are just darling...Please stop over and visit some time would love to have you...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup just saw you over at your cousin's blog. Welcome as well! Your ideas are uber fun and I love the sunflower cupcakes!! Stop over and visit me too, oh and I added you to follow as well! Best of luck and I look forward to your creative posts!

    ReplyDelete